From the creative and artistic minds of this world, here is another master piece. It is called the temple of million bottles. Well. the actual name is ‘Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew’. It is a Buddhist temple in Thailand and made up of beer bottles. We bring to you some interesting facts about the wonderful place.
1. Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew – Literally means Wilderness temple of great glass pagoda.
2. It is made up of more than 1.5 million Heineken and Chang beer bottles.
3. The main temple was completed in about 2 years.
4. Post the main temple, 20 other buildings have been constructed on the same lines. To the temple – crematorium, water towers, sleeping quarters and even toilets are added.
5. The idea came when the buddhist monks were helping people get rid of the waste generated time on time and they decided to use the empty beer bottles to construct temples. The core of the temple is of concrete.
6. The color contrast is added with Green Heineken bottles and brown Chang beer bottles.
7. Bottle caps are used to create mosaic.
8. The best part about the bottles as building blocks is that bottle bricks do not fade and allow natural light inside in a very interesting way.
9. The temple is still under construction as new empty bottles are always collected in the hope to build new parts of the temple.
10. Even though drinking is sin in buddhism, this is a very innovative and open minded approach.
As they say, looking to find Nirvana in a bottle? Build a temple with empty beer bottles!